The uniform requirements are a clear expectation for all students enrolled at John Burroughs Elementary School. Read the following official guidelines for mandatory school uniforms carefully. Please note that all TPS schools now require school uniforms.
This is what is specific for Burroughs students:
- solid yellow, red, gold or white polo shirts
- shirts should be tucked in at all times
- zip up sweatshirts only in solid yellow, red, gold or white
- all pants, shorts, jumpers, or skorts, must be khaki or navy blue
- belts must be worn
- no cargo shorts
- no jeggings
- Shorts, skorts, and dresses -length must extend below the fingertips when the child is standing with hands to their sides
- closed toes shoes that are lace-up, buckle, zip or velcro
- no flip-flops or sandals
Costume headbands are not allowed. All jewelry and hair accessories should be modest
and not distract from learning. The teacher may choose to have them remove any pieces that become a distraction. Hats or jacket hoods are not to be worn inside the building.
Adjustments to the dress code may be made for special events.